Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Here We Go...

Hi, I'm Colleen, and it is very nice to meet you!

For the past couple of years, I've been following many amazing teaching blogs, you know-the ones with the fabulously fun customized backgrounds, 1,000s of followers, and hundreds of links to their amazingly created Teachers Pay Teachers products.  I used to think, I want that.  I want to be that perfect and creative.  Well, how the hell do these people find the time and still have a real life?!  They are my role models!

I honestly don't think I could  ever be as perfect as them, but I'm suddenly finding a lot of extra time on my hands.  Tomorrow would have been the first day of school for me.  I was a 3rd grade teacher.  Was.   I resigned during my honeymoon just a few weeks ago.  Awful timing, right? I made the very difficult choice to resign on a major leap of faith.  I took a chance for adventure, which is something I normally never do.  I now will be accompanying my husband to California on a work trip during this school year. I should be feeling excited about this, but teaching children is my passion, so my resignation is extremely bittersweet. I think once we are actually leaving for California or certainly once we are there I will be in way better spirits!

Back to my newly found free time.  I no longer have mono, a bachelorette party and bridal shower to look forward to, a wedding and honeymoon to plan, a classroom to decorate and organize, students to teach, nor papers to grade.  I need to find something  new to keep me busy, but still related to education because that is my passion.  If I can involve myself in education or teaching in some way, it still makes me feel like...a teacher, which is really what I want.  I'm hoping to sub as much as possible in districts close to home, and tutor until we  make our way to Cali. Those things will help.  I'm hoping this blog will help too.  Now is my time to write about education, my teaching ideas, and my new adventures in newlywed life. This blog will be just one more way for me to stay involved with "school" and hopefully will be at least somewhat therapeutic for me.  Here we go... XO <3, C

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to see some 3rd grade materials from Colleen L. on Teachers Pay Teachers. Now that I'm a 3rd grade teacher, I could test them out for you...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!